Monday, May 18, 2009

Grade 10E Piano students

My Strengths and Weaknesses according to my piano students Semester 2- 09

#1:
I think that Mr. Herry is a good music teacher because he always teaches us in detail, both in theory as well as in instrument. He is a very good pianist and a professional too. He is very good in playing classic, in pop, as well as in improvisations (Jazz). Also because he is strict, we can all study well, like when the other music class don't really study, our piano class already understand what to do, and Mr. Herry teaches already until we understand. Though in most of our instrument classes we practice until we're bored, but on the assessment day, almost all of us did perfectly, without doing extra practice other than in other instrument class. Even though I've study with him almost more than two years, I still get so much skills and knowledge, and I don't know how to repay

#2:
Mr. Herry's teaching in both theory and instrument class is good. He is understandable, patient with slow learners and passionate about music. He is disciplined, sometimes to the point where it's annoying, but he cares about his student's performance in his subject. His only weakness, is that sometimes he is strict to a topic that is unclear. He can do better by being a bit relax so that the student's emotion can flow through the music but not so relax as to let the class get chaotic

#3:
I think that Mr. Herry is a good teacher in theory class and also in practical class. His strength is that he can explain things well when he teaches. Also he can play piano very well and I enjoyed having him as my teacher. Mr. Herry doesn't have many weaknesses, but his main weaknes is that sometimes he can be strict for reasons that are unimportant and that could make us as his students dislike him as a teacher. 
He could improve by being more reasonable with students and be strict for reasons that are actually important. Other than that, I enjoyed having Mr. Herry as my Music Teacher for almost 4 years.

#4:
According to me Mr. Herry is a good music teacher. He is a professional pianist. His knowledge about music is good, but he is also very discipline. No wonder there are many students get breaches if they're late or wear uniform inproperly. Besides piano, he also can play violin, I think. So to me, Overall, he's good as a music teacher.

#5:
For me, Mr. Herry is a good piano teacher. He can play the piano very well and he is very good at it. When i ask something at how to play some part  on the piano, he teaches us how to play it patiently. But I think he is a strict and discipline teacher. He record every little mistakes as a breach. But overall I think he's a good teacher.

#6:
According to me, Mr. Herry is a good teacher in music class. Some of his strength are he is very knowledgable in music, he has many experiences in music and is a very good, clear and hardworking teacher both in music theory class and in our practical class. 
What strikes me the most is his patience towards the class. When the students get all noicy and misbehaving, he could still keep his patience and work with the class still in harmony. What I like most about him and what I admire most about Mr. Herry is his very talented ability to play amazing pieces on the piano. When the plays piano I wish that I can play piano just like him. Although he's a great teacher he may have some weaknessess like for example sometimes I am not able to understand his accent, and he sometimes he gives out many tasks...


#7:
According to me, Mr. Herry Rajasa is quite a good music teacher. I think he is a good teacher but also very strict. Sometimes  he scold the students for an unimportant cause. Mr. Herry has strenghts and weakness as a music teacher. 
His first strength is that he's hard-working and never give up. For example if a student doesn't get the topic yet, he will explain it again until he student understands it. Another strength of Mr. Herry is he teaches us using easy way rather than the hard way, so we can understand better. 
Mr. Herry also has some weaknesses. One of his weakness is he doesn't speak English very well. When he explains a topic, I sometimes don't get it. But overall, I think he's a quite nice and good music teacher.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The comments above was given at the last meeting of 10E Piano class at 19 May 2009 as part of my self reflection as a teacher during the Semester 2. 2009. They are asked not to write their names on the comments so they can write freely as what they thought about me. The number of students in Piano Class are 7 Students consists of: Abraham Raditya, Ashley Suhalim, Grace Hillary, Grace Liesar, Karisa Erina, Michelle Hadisurjo, William Wijaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment